Sweet 'n' Neat Jewellery

Thursday 26 January 2012

Fit for Finland

I've only done 2 blog posts and I've already dropped the ball by leaving it this long before the third! Definitely must try harder.

So last weekend was a rather busy one. I went shopping and bought some ski wear for my trip to Finland at the end of February, which is coming round surprisingly quickly! I'm doing a work exchange type holiday where I exchange 5 or so hours of work a day for free lodging and board. I'll be helping out at a husky sledding place in northern Finland which I am SO excited about! Unfortunately the clothes I have bought make me look rather like a Michelin Man... I definitely won't be winning any prizes for fashion, but at least I will be warm! Just need to get some snow boots next weekend, then if you're lucky I'll post you a picture ;) The clothes are also incredibly heavy! It wasn't until I'd been walking around with the bag for at least an hour, arm feeling like it was about to drop off, when it occurred to me that in a few weeks time I would actually be wearing this weight for days in a row... It was then that I realised I had to get fit and build some sort of muscle, and thus, Fit for Finland was born. If I'm honest it's not going amazingly well so far... I have started going for walks after work, just for 20 minutes or so but I like to think it all helps, and I even made it as far as the cross trainer last night. That only lasted 10 minutes though, and then I promptly ate a chocolate. (Yes, we STILL have chocolate left over from Christmas...) I will keep you updated with my progress!
On Sunday I had a very productive day of jewellery making. I made a few new items including some rubber duck earrings, marshmallow earrings and a couple of pig necklaces. I listed them all on my website too so hopefully with more items in my shop my sales will steadily increase! In fact, I woke up this morning to a sale :) so thank you to the lovely lady in Australia who overnight had bought the miniature pig necklace! I have another one which I'll be listing first thing Saturday morning! The pigs seem to be the most popular. .I'm thinking about doing a few pig variations, maybe giving them a bit more character... I'm not sure how yet though, but keep an eye out for new piggy products!

This week has so far consisted of work, work, and more work, with a meal at Frankie & Benny's thrown in for good measure. I'm knackered, and it's absolutely tipping it down outside. This calls for the pyjamas to go on, into bed and the latest episode of Gossip Girl I think. Yes.

Laura  x

No comments:

Post a Comment